A lawyer's role is to help clients resolve their legal problems. Your attorney should not make a family dispute more contentious. Unfortunately, many lawyers have an aggressive style that creates problems where none existed before. I take a different approach.
My name is Terry Fawell. I am a Wheaton family law attorney serving clients in the western Chicago suburbs. My goal is to help you achieve a fair and amicable resolution to your family law case, whether you are:
- Getting divorced
- Becoming legally separated from your spouse
- Involved in a contested or uncontested divorce
- Negotiating a joint parenting agreement
- Working toward an equitable division of marital property
- Attempting to modify or enforce an existing court order
- Dealing with issues of domestic abuse
- Establishing parentage of a child so the mother can receive child support and the father can have parenting time
- Adopting a child or seeking guardianship of a grandchild
Making Family Law a Predictable and Orderly Process
No lawyer can guarantee a specific result in a family law case, but with more than 30 years of experience practicing family law in the western Chicago suburbs, I can usually predict the likely outcome of a case.
By knowing the likely outcome of your case, I can help you avoid the unnecessary expense of a trial. Achieving a negotiated settlement can help you preserve lines of communication with your former spouse. This is especially important in cases involving children.
Protecting Your Rights After a Criminal Charge
My law firm handles criminal defense matters that range from domestic violence and drug crimes to other felonies and misdemeanors. We also handle traffic violations and DUI defense for individuals charged with drunk driving. When you're in danger of jail time, heavy fines or other penalties, turn to Fawell & Fawell, Ltd.
Free Consultation With an Experienced Lawyer
For a free initial consultation about your case, contact me, attorney Terry Fawell. From my office in Wheaton, I serve clients in DuPage, Kane, Cook and Will counties.